The WHIL’s multidisciplinary approach partners our physicians specializing in Occupational Medicine with leading and emerging computer vision and AI experts to provide real-world solutions to problems in workplace health and safety. We operate in parallel with Stanford University’s model of Precision Medicine: Predict, Prevent, and Cure- Precisely.
The WHIL is operated under the aegis of the Stanford University Occupational Health Center and is housed within the new Environmental Health & Safety Building at 484 Oak Rd, generously gifted by the Arrillaga Family.
- Provide a venue to develop innovative ideas and attract talent around the concept of improving total worker health.
- Streamline the process of collaboration between clinician practitioners and academic researchers in order to solve real-world problems that may improve an employee’s job.
- Generate measurable societal impact and work to overcome workplace inequities through direct involvement of grassroot participants at the line, entry, staff, and non-management levels.
- Become leaders in the field of Interventional Occupational Medicine (IOM) and Interventional Ergonomics (IE).
- AI-Ergonomic Evaluations
- Travel Well App
- AI-Wildfire Smoke Personal Monitor
- AI-Travel Consults
- AI-Haptic Remote health device (clinical & therapeutic applications)
We are physicians, health and safety experts, programmers, engineers, and open-source collaborators with shared goals of driving ideas into motion.